[Harp-L] Jim from Truechromatic.com

      So I see an advert from Jim offering to fully repair any harps as a trade in, e.g., "you send me 3 broken harps, I keep 2 and repair and tune the remaining 1 for you". Now for me- a gigging player with decades of slightly and grossly broken harps filling a cabinet this offer was a dream. The catch: Jim's in Bulgaria and I'm in Manhattan. Nevertheless after a couple of emails I sent 36 Golden Melodys, Meisterklasses, etc off and they were in Jim's receipt in about a week.      The first thing Jim does is Youtube the unpacking of the harps (presented as a kind of comedy in earnest). You can find the video by scrolling around my Youtube page under the page for bigdennism.           At each turn (without any request or expectation of such by me) Jim emailed me about what he found, what I wanted, and what he suggested. And today I got back 13 super duper lucid and tuned harps. He also added a bonus special "true harmonic" tuning on one (which would take me many hours to master). So: the tunings are great, the responsiveness- something we did go over in detail- is perfect for me, and the communication and dedication towards the 13 harps was superlative. In about 3 weeks from Bulgaria too! Good job Jim. d.        No affiliation other than gratitude   http://www.truechromatic.com/
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues