From: Michael Easton <diachrome@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Relaxing while playing
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:09:47 -0400

It took me years to discover this.  I would always tense up waiting
for my solo then have an asthma attack in the middle of it and run
out of air in the middle of a solo.   Over the past few years I've
learned to release the tension while the guitarist does his solo or
the vocalist is leading into mine.

Tension can lead to playing the same chops all the time because you
aren't relaxed enough to create new ideas on the fly.

If I want to create tension in the song I play behind the beat, I
don't work myself up to create it.    The gigs go a lot nicer when you
learn to relax.

It's not only harp players.  Most of us probably played with band
mates that had to drink hard liquor or light up a bowl before, during
and after a gig to relieve the
tension.   Learning to tell your body to relax is a lot cheaper and
healthier.

Mike
www.harmonicarepair.com

#1 Energy Pick of the Decade!
AEGY, the forefront of green, renewable energy. Explosive Gains!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4c2a254879e4b3a41ast04vuc