RE: [Harp-L] Charlie's Cruncher / Cindy Lauper

my favorite CM album might be continental drifter.  the actual 'blues' tunes on that album were the boring ones.  the other stuff was amazing.  so, no, it's not about the genre.  for me it's about the feeling i get when i listen.  that's my point. but the gma gig was a 'lauper plays the blues' kinda situation, and i personally didn't think it was that great sounding. pop artists playing the blues rarely works out.  and it didn't on gma. but that's my opinion.  we all have one.
also, some of my faveorite CM tunes are when he plays chromatic and covers a tune like "what's new?" it's the feeling, not so much the genre. but the blues better have feeling, or it won't be blues to me.