Re: [Harp-L] Charlie's Cruncher / Cindy Lauper

maybe you should have waited another 10 seconds...
just kidding, frank. but i'm sticking to my humble opinion that charlie just doesn't play with the intensity he used to, and it's the intensity that sparks that blues feeling deep down inside me.  i gotta feel it or it just ain't happening for me.
i'm happy for charlie getting the gig, but if they cut his ballz off onstage, who's gonna become a new fan of the blues? who's gonna get hit way down inside and be forever hooked?
but that's just my take.  gotta feel it. and it doesn't have to be a sad blues tune.  koko doing wang dang doodle hits me too!
and, just to be fair and balanced, butterfield's last coupla albums were not up to par, either. and he's my hero! his poster is on the wall right  next to sandy koufax. of course, we all know the problems butter was having...