[Harp-L] Charlie

Being a mandolin player also I belong to Mandolin Cafe and get to here the discussion by the "bluegrass police" about what is or isn't bluegrass and "that's not the way Bill (Monroe) would do it". In my opinion Cyndi did a great job giving her translation of what she hears in the blues, as did Dylan in his version of Rollin and Tumblin. Charlie did the job he was hired to do, play harp for Cyndi the way she wanted. I would think that Charlie can stay busy enough on his own that if he didn't want to play for Ms Lauper that he wouldn't . Let's not be the "blues police" here and allow for an artist's interpretation of the music we love. John

Sent from my iPhone