Re: [Harp-L] Charlie Musselwhite on Good Morning America

Greg Heumann wrote:
<Charlie performed with Cyndi Lauper on this morning's edition of Good
<Morning America. They performed at least 3 numbers for the audience.
<Two aired but all three can be found at http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/
<
<If nothing else, be sure to listen the the slightly blues-ified
<version of Girls Just Want To Have Fun - it was (I think) AWESOME.

Listening to Rollin and Tumblin now, wicked!  LOVE the way Lauper uses the dobro like a slide guitar--simple and right on target.

Charlie is playing a lot, including throughout the vocal.  It's clear that Lauper is using the harp as a second "voice".  And Lauper herself is a totally in the pocket blues singer.

I've always loved Lauper.  And Charlie.  This band is a very modern AND traditional blues outfit.

Great great great.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter