Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Repairs

Attend SPAH
Visit http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/
Read the Slidemeister Maintenance and repair forum.
Visit   www.harponline.de
Get a copy of Rupert  Oysler's repair tutorial.
 Back Issues | Mel Bay's Harmonica Sessions
Then, collect the needed tools, get out all of your junkers and start working on them. There is no substitute for practice.  The harp will tell you if you have done it right.

The cost of repairs is relative.  If replacing a reed saves an expensive chromatic or customized diatonic it will be cost effective. It may be more cost effective to replace the whole harp or the reedplates if it is a stock diatonic. If you have repairs made by others, you should have backup harps to play while the others are away at the repairman.

Stock diatonic...try to fix it, if you fail, replace it.
Expensive chromatic or customized diatonic, have it repaired,  especially reed replacements.

Vern