Re: [Harp-L] Brendan Power Suzuki Harmonica Clinic - New Orleans Area - TODAY 6/22

Hey Suzuki,

Living in Mandeville, I usually have to cross the long bridge across Lake Pontchartrain to attend events such as this. Imagine my surprise and good fortune when I learned that world renowned harmonica player and Suzuki spokesman, Brendon Power was scheduled to hold a workshop right here at my friend and neighbor Randy Lanier's music shop. How cool is that?

Brendon gave a wonderful demonstration of different playing styles using both stock and his own modified Suzuki harps - both diatonic and chromatic. His talk touched on various aspects of harp technology including tuning, valving, microphones and electronics effects. I left with a head full of ideas and inspiration to re-hone my harp skills after a long period of neglect. I also picked up a couple of Manji's. It was also nice meeting a bunch of nice folks who also happen to be fellow northshore harp players.

Thanks for doing this Suzuki and Brendon. It was a pleasure meeting Brendon, and I know he'll have a great time here in New Orleans.

Howard Chandler