[Harp-L] Re: 30 minute lessons / RIP-OFF

Down here in NC where I live I'm the only Harp Instructor that I'm aware of.    I don't generally go looking for students, but if someone approaches me and really seems serious about learning, I'll take them on as a student.  I charge $30.00 for an hour lesson.   It's not unusual; though; for the lesson to go more than an hour.   I'm fairly liberal, depending on the enthusiasm of the student.   I judge the end of the lesson on where a good stopping point would be alot of the time.
And.........I try to schedule "regular" lessons about every other week.
I feel that gives the student enough time for the lesson to sink in and really get good at what we've last gone over.   Sometimes; depending on what me or the student have going on in our lives, it could me a month or so between lessons.   When I first started teaching, I gave 30 min. lessons.   I felt that --especially for beginners-30 mins. just didn't give the student enough time to absorb what we needed to go over.
So.............I think about an hour is an ideal lesson time , but I think that a more intermediate or experienced player might be able to take advantage of a 30 min. lesson to focus on one particular technique or lick that they are trying to learn.
Mike "Wezo" Wesolowski
www.myspace.com/harpwezo
www.megatoneamps.com
www.bluesworldorder.com