[Harp-L] Re: Band in a Box

I've been using band in a Box for close to 20 years and have always loved it. I've used it as a teaching tool as well. The full newest version is absolutely incredible. I'd have to respectfully disagree with you Michael when you said it'll never give you the feel of jamming with live or recorded musicians. Some of the things I've arranged on it actually feel better than some bands I've played with, although given the choice I'd always rather play with real people. It does so much the more time you put in learning it. I always said I would never play any solo gigs with backing tracks, but the newest version of BB has changed my mine. I've got about 40 or so tunes arranged for gigging out with... trading 4s, changing keys,grooves instruments.  The more you get to know the soloists styles (real tracks), the more you can design a solo to actually complement your own solos and keep with the feel of the song. The only drawback is that sometimes the computer generated solos are better than mine.. but I love the competion. It's a bit buggy on a mac, but they keep upgrading and fixing those things all the time which you can get with free downloads. If you got the bucks to get the full version with "real tracks", I don't think you'd be disappointed- Sandy