[Harp-L] Re: Miles Davis, So What / position exploration / harp

Here's my 2 cents worth...for what its worth.  With my very little diatonic knowledge, my guess would be you would want to play it on a C harp and a Db harp since, as mentioned, it is a Dorian scale in C and Db.  Miles kept it simple (as he always did) and using 2 harps would help the player keep a consistent improv thought from the Dm to Ebm sections.

It's a great tune!  Warren, you've just given me my next challenge....learn "So What" on diatonic!!!

CB

www.chrisbauermusic.com
www.myspace.com/chrisbauerjazz