[Harp-L] Re: Why you should learn chromatic

In fairness to the diatonic, the subject could just as well have been, Why you should learn all 12 positions :) Whether the mechanism is a button or overblow, in either case all twelve scales must be grappled with one way or another!

-----Original Message----- From: harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:45:41 PM To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Harp-L Digest, Vol 82, Issue 29

Message: 10 Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 22:32:37 -0500 From: michael rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] Why you should learn chromatic To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Message-ID: <AANLkTin3QnGw66amvXfd9syJIp-UcaB4kKzCPaNWmhdI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Tonite I threw some harps in my pocket and went to see Jimi Lee and
Brendan Power.  They invited me up to play a song in G.  Imagine my
surprise when, of all harps to leave at home, I left my C harp.
Luckily I brought my chromatic and did fine!
Thanks to Brendan and Jimi!
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com