[Harp-L] Re: Chuck Gurney@fatbottom-mics

Hi Rick,

I concur.

I have a black label that Chuck G. did and it rocks!
Your description fits the element I sent to Chuck that already sounded great.
When I got it back in a Greg H. wood shell, I could hear the change.

Hornlike, clear, and with a bottom that can crunch with cupping.
I have been playing through small Valcos and SJ amps for great effect.

My favorite mic.

Regards,

Brian

Original message below:

"From: "Rick Tabler" <badtabes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] chuck gurney @ fatbottom-mics

Recently got a custom mic from Chuck w/another of his black cr elements.His consistent top-notch work continues to amaze--from ext finish, to no compromise internal components & techniques to absolutely thunderous elements. Tremendous bottom end, hornlike mids and clear, bell tone upper register. First did business w/Chuck about 2 years ago (that mic still makes my panties wet everytime I pick it up), and he has since e-mailed regularly to follow up on the mic and see how I'm doing!! While I'm certainly not above extortion, I'm not recieving anything (believe me , I tried) for this endorsement. Just an extemely pleased small time customer of his. From checking his website, it appears his business/passion continues to grow--couldn't happen to a nicer, more dedicated Pro!!"