[Harp-L] Dream big bands

I tuned into Pandora today on my iPod. The first song that came up was Butterfield's live version of "Everything's Going to be Alright."

It got me to thinking about dream combinations of paring up harp players with big bands for one cd.

Here is a list I came up with:

Little Walter with Count Basie Orchestra. 1950's lineup of players.

Jr. Wells or James Cotton with Maceo Parker conducting. Hell anybody on this list with MP but I'm narrowing it to those 2 players since they had a funk period.

Paul Butterfield and the WDR Big Band. WDR is like Stan Kenton Orch. on steroids. Check out them backing Maceo Parker.

Jason Ricci or Howard Levy w/ Frank Zappa and the Mothers...

William Clarke w/ Stan Kenton Orchestra.

Rob Paparozzi fronting the Duke Ellington Orchestra ;)

Hendrik Meukens or Lee Oskar and the Tito Puente Big Band

Toots isn't on the list cause he played with everyone but God, but that gig is last on his bucket list. lol

Michael Easton www.harmonicarepair.com