Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic and Diatonic

I don't differentiate between the 2 small harps. And I don't much cotton to those who do. I actually enjoy using as many as 3 diatonics and a chromatic....on the same TUNE. Sometimes even throwing in a clarinet or trumpet. I think the division starts at about age 64. Players over 64 tend to differentiate. I happen to be pushing 68 pretty hard, but you can't take me as an example. My father liked Cab Calloway, Fats Waller, Meade Lux Lewis. My mother liked Guy Lombardo, Duke Ellington. Me? I like everything from 1882 till the present. Exceptions: polkas, tarantellas, rap.

smo-joe