[Harp-L] harp and fiddle

Hi Ross and greetings from the Mt. Airy, NC Fiddlers Convention.

Harp and fiddle sound great together (I've been doing that for three days
straight!), the main thing that you need to consider as you noted is common
repertoire. If your niece is not an old time player then her classical right
arm will have a tough time with Yew Piney Mountain.  If you want to keep it
rootsy there's a wonderful tune called Pony Boy on a Mark Simos CD called
"Race The River Jordan" where he duets with Mark Graham who is in cross.
 You can't separate the resin from the spit they are so close on this tune.
  It's slow and easy for a classical player to learn - I'll attach it in a
separate email to you.

Good luck!
Trip

--