[Harp-L] Meteor Prices

The moral of the story is YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. In this case that applies to the consumer, and the builder. Meteor amplifiers are made from top end materials, these materials are not cheap. Due to the plight of the economy, pretty much everything has gone up in price. I'm sure this applies to amplifier parts too. If a manufacturers costs to do business rises, then so should the price of their product. I'm not sure that a good business model would show profits falling in direct proportion to costs rising. I have been to Scooters' shop a couple of times, and I can assure you it is anything but extravagant. It is completely bare bones functional to produce such a high end product. I think that if Scooter was price gouging, which Gino seems to think is going on, it would show first in the shop he works in daily. I know that I would have to LOVE what I was doing, before I would run a business at a 20% profit. That's a pretty modest profit on such a quality product, that requires such attention to detail to produce. Go ahead and boycott Meteor Amplifiers Gino, instead go to Guitar Center, or some other "big box" music store and buy your harmonica specific amp there. I'm sure that the quality components, superior craftsmanship, attention to detail, and excellent customer service that is exercised by Scooter will be the same. I'll bet the "big box" music stores are doing a little better than a 20% percent  profit margin. I can tell you you would be hard pressed to find a better harp amp than a Meteor, or a nicer guy than Scooter. The product he is putting out, and the customer service he provides is second to none. Call me crazy, but I feel that is well worth the price being asked.

                                                                                                                 Mike D'aurizio
                                                                                            Completely satisfied Meteor Amplifier owner.