Re: [Harp-L] Re: Diatonic Sounds on a Chromatic ("I was Banned")

Well said, and ditto.

Bullfrog

On 6/4/2010 3:52 AM, Rob Paparozzi wrote:
Some people hear are getting upset that we are talking about GROUPS and not Harmonicas, yes I agree Slidemeister has spelled out all of it's NEAT & TIDY rules and those who choose to stay their should follow them if it suits their needs. It is their perogative. The fact of the matter is on Harp-l we CAN even discuss these issues because to me they ARE Harmonica related. Yes, this is a hot topic for me because I have worked many years with SPAH to bring down the dividing line between Chromatic and Diatonic players in years past. I'm not saying SM contributes to that but we should be aware of that division that SPAH has worked so hard to dissolve. After all the diatonic was here long before our cousin with the button showed up in the 1920's. I got an underlying impression. I play both but have a deep respect for the 'forefather harp" (the Richter Diatonic). Show a little respect is all I'm saying,

Because I play both and have a hard time separating the two, I will stay here and grow as a player of the Harmonica.

I for one like freedom of speech, and I don't want to have to re-think everything I want to say or write about Harmonica....That is what I love about Harp-l and I never ever felt my Chromatic posts were usurped or sidetracked by Diatonic players....

If more Chromatic players showed up here we'd have more Chromatic discussions it's that simple. I do understand that SM is a dedicated forum....but for me I'll stick with a forum that openly and democraticly handles all things harmonica uncensored.....I like my freedom. I also still believe we learn from each other on diatonic and chromatic, that is way so many from SM come by here.

I would like to take a moment to thank fjm for always keeping oour house in order here in a very discreet yet forceful and effective way.

Respectfully and Harmonically,
Rob Paparozzi

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Payne" <dmatthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>