Fw: Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] looking for a new home...

--- On Thu, 6/3/10, Gene Pool <subdomaintain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Gene Pool <subdomaintain@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] looking for a new home...
To: EGS1217@xxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 5:27 AM

Hi Elisabeth,

I appreciate your comments and I hear what you are saying.  However, my disagreement with the slidemeister owner is a fundamental one.

I spend 99.9% of my harmonica time on the chromatic.  The topic, Getting a diatonic sound on a chromatic, is squarely a chromatic topic.  So long as I'm playing a chromatic harmonica, it's chromatic discussion.  When it was moved to diatonic discussion, I protested, which is not allowed, and that is why I was banned.

The topic I was actually banned for was, A chromatic is a chromatic is a chromatic...which was promptly removed.

I was asking for it, I get that - but I'd rather speak my peace than tiptoe around discussions about one of my greatest passions.

The fact that people like Rob Paparozzi, Winslow, and others have been banned from a chromatic harmonica site is revealing.  On many occasions I got the sense that I didn't fit in there, yet I did learn a lot which kept me around.

I feel like the prevailing attitudes are, guys that buy tons of harmonicas can't really play, guys that use altered tunings are just looking for a short cut, and guys who half valve are just diatonic players in disguise.

Of course it's his site and he can run it any way he wants to, but lording over the boards like a dictator is bound to turn a lot of people off in the long run.

Grant (of the chromaddict gene pool)