Re: [Harp-L] What is really important about diatonic vs chromatic

Why does a bagpiper walk while he plays?

To get away from the sound,-)
----- Original Message ----- From: "JohnnieHarp" <johnnieharp@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l" <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Robert Bonfiglio" <bon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 1:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] What is really important about diatonic vs chromatic

maybe 100 years from now everyone will be looking for vintage vacuum cleaner tubes!!!

I remember hearing of an elderly bagpiper who had developed a lung ailment. To continue practicing his piping, he used a vacuum cleaner that had a reverse airflow option. This he hooked up to his bagpipe to inflate the bag so that he could play the pipes despite his lung disability. I'm not sure of his taste in music, nor the antiquity of the vacuum cleaner! :-}