Re: [Harp-L] Suzuki G-48 (was Getting a diatonic sound on a chromatic harmoni...

In a message dated 03/06/2010 08:30:22 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  T me the G-48 has a unique sound - horn-like and even brawny in the
lower  register, very smooth in the higher register, and very responsive to
tone  shaping with the hands. I'm trying to take this horn (as Jimmy Gordon
likes to  refer to individual harmonicas) on its own terms and haven't even
thought of  doing all the usual (or even unusual) mods.

My only complaint is I want  more low range. I'm eager to see how well the
Sirius 64 addresses  this.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa >>

Thank you for the tip Winslow!. I'll attempt to  buy a G-48 and try it
out...
But the lack of "low range" is one reason I like a tenor "C" a  "G", or an
"A" chrom.
Again, the extra range of a four octave chrom in "C" is  nice.
But I've yet to obtain a "64" that is as as airtight as a  "48".

Best wishes

John "Whiteboy" Walden
English harmonica player,
residing in: