[Harp-L] Re: Harmonica Pierre - America's Got Talent

The first couple of times I saw Harmonica Pierre, I was not particularly impressed and, like Richard Hunter, I thought to myself "He would be middle of the pack at SPAH, if that."

But last night,  I actually quite enjoyed his rendition of "Hey Soul Sister".  I liked the way he used the bending capabilities of the CX-12 to good advantage and also I heard some soulfulness in his timing that hadn't been evident in the old-timey traditional harmonica he'd played on previous shows.   He promised to play some blues harp if he made it to the next round but unfortunately he lost out to a couple of mediocre belly dancers and the stunt bicyclist.

I wonder if  Harmonica Pierre will be at SPAH this year, or if he's ever attended past SPAHs?