Re: [Harp-L] ASCAP Lawsuits

<<ASCAP and BMI are not to be fooled with. They may be more powerful  than
the

The NAZIS re-born?

In the UK it's the Performing Rights Society and Phonographc
Performance.... And another organisation...The name has skipped my mind. But  they are
just as bad.

When I ran my record company back in the '90s I paid a fee for EVERY CD we
produced...

We, the record company, the musicians, and the composers, never got a
Penny back from them. (As far as I know).. I guess it's only the "big
businesses" that get anything back... It's just another "tax" on venues, and  that is
passed on to the musicians!

"Sorry boy, we can't pay you a proper fee for performing, because of all
the licenses we have to buy!"

John "Whiteboy" Walden
English harmonica player,
Cebu City