Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Jason Ricci

On Jul 22, 2010, at 12:37 PM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

(snipped >& )

I've been hoping there'd be a trusted friend - someone who perhaps lived
closer to him who'd set up a fund of some kind where people like Smokey - and
others who'd also prefer to send checks could do so. A lot of people I
know don't function very happily in the electronic world.

Elizabeth

Good post Elizabeth. Very articulate and classy.

Here's my feeling on the matter. Not that anyone wants to hear it. I absolutly do NOT do ANYTHING financial over a computer. I can barely turn the danged thing on and would be the easiest 'chooch' in the world to hack.

I don't give out my birthday, SSN, mother's maiden name, pet's name, pin number, garage door code, or combination lock numbers.

Having worked in law for over 30 years, I do NOT recognize post office box numbers, general delivery, rural free delivery, or pony express. I don't even trust Wells Fargo. I also don't recognize Kansas City. I thought Jason lived in Nashville. To this end, I'm not trying to cause trouble but I will have to come up with some other way. As I don't DO myspace nor facebook, I haven't been privy to the rumor mill. And I think if I were, it would distress me.

smo-joe