To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2010 9:51 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Playing in majors/minors

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around what harp to use when the
band calls out a song in minor's or major's.For example Ohio by Neil Young in D
minor, or Dancing in the moon light by Van the man in F minor. I typically go
right to cross harp (2nd position) for most everything we do, if that doesn't
sound right I just go through every harp in my case until I find the key that's
least offensive. I have looked at circles of fifths and other charts but don't
get why they just don't include majors and minors in the typical harmonica
position charts, I guess I just don't get it. do they even relate to the key of
harp or is it more about the notes you play?
Todd