[Harp-L] What Constitutes a Gear Discussion?

I am thinking that it should be at least 55% content on gear. Though there
is also a requirement for at least 25% of the discussion should state that
tone comes from the player. Because if there is not a comment at least on a
daily basis that tone comes from the player then Harp-L would become
HarpGear-L. But heaven forbid it becomes HarpPlayer-L, because comments
about tone coming from the player without the friction of gear questions
would get boring. I suggest that we get 3 non harmonica players and 3
harmonica players and have them test 4 mics, 2 vintage solid state amps 2
boutique harp amps. We will have 3 unbiased listeners to determine if tone
can be made with gear without players. We will blindfold the players and the
listeners and make them listen to 2 hours of bagpipe to cleanse the
listening pallet. Then randomize the mic/player/amp combinations and record
the listeners responses to questions focused on the presence of tone. We
will define tone with a 100 page explanation of what constitutes tone. Much
of the essay will, of course, emphasize that tone is generated by the
player. Each listen will be required to read this essay as well as listen
for 2 hours to the boutique amp builders as they discuss their amps. Now you
may argue that we need to increase the sample size to make this study valid.
I would argue that the time spent assuring the unbiased participants negates
the need for statistical significants.

Derwood