Re: [Harp-L] Re: amp or mic?

Good tone is good tone, whether you play acoustically or amped.  It is
nonsense that a new player should avoid amps and mics until he has "good
tone."

If a player aspires toward a good amped sound, he or she should play amped
as much as possible.  That is perfectly fine.

As we all have found, playing through amps is rather unforgiving and reveals
your flaws in a very evident way.  It is actually a great incentive to
refine your tone and technique, greater than playing acoustically.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog