[Harp-L] Philly HARP and some wonderful talent

I just had the pleasure of attendng the Annual Summer jam night for Philly HARP, in Philadelphia, PA.  What a great pleasure to see pro's and novices alike get in stage and play.

One particular moment stood out, when Philly's own Mikey Jr., a Philadelphia blues harp meastro who is begining to break out ( www.mikeyjr.com),  and Emile D'Amico got on stage to do a little blues harp showdown.  We all know from Harp-L how wonderful a chromatic jazz player Emile is, but I'm here to tell you, Emile can lay it down on diatonic as well. Wow!  If anyone ever gets a chance to see Emile do some blues on the diatonic..don't miss it!  Mikey blew his heart out as well....lover's of hard rocking, hard chargin' blues where not dissappointed.

Good job Sir Pete and Dr, Mike for another well run event!!

Jeff Silverman
jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.harmonica411.com