[Harp-L] What's Your Schtick?

My family is from Sallisaw, Oklahoma, the home of the fictional Joad family
in the Grapes of Wrath.  My father got his Social Security number when he
was hired as a battery boy on 20th Century Fox's road crew for the movie.
He turned down a permanent job with Fox, a big deal in the 1930's. He told
them, "I've already been to California.  I don't like it and I don't want to
go back."  He was apparently treated very badly and had some horrible
experiences.  Several of my other family members were extras in the Oklahoma
shoot.  My uncles on my mother's side were semi-pro musicians on the barn
dance, beer joint circuit during that era.  So, in their tradition, I am
working up a set of Depression Era blues numbers.  Nobody Wants You When
You're Down and Out, Working Man Blues, Killing Floor Blues, Brother Can You
Spare A Dime, etc.  Plan to dress in character for the period.

Bill Kumpe

Tulsa, OK