Re: [Harp-L] 1st/2nd and 3rd position solos

loved them all. what beautiful tone!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Bouman" <fitgo@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 8:58 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] 1st/2nd and 3rd position solos

Hi all

This afternoon I recorded 3 different solos on a slow blues in A, meant to be used in my harpcourses ( blues level 2 and 3).

I played in 1st, 2nd and third pos ( 1st= A harp, 2nd=D harp and 3rd is G harp).
I did only 1 take per position and I was very happy with the result.

The reason why I want to show this is that I dedicate this to Joe Filisko. Long time ago he turned me into more acoustic playing and I hope you will hear a little of his influence in these solos..

I recorded it all on my Imac, Garageband...using a Rode NT1A mic + a Saffire Pro 24 sound card..
No effects( just a touch of delay and reverb..)
And of course my beta-harps!!

here you can hear/download the songs:

http://www.box.net/shared/43jrmycmei

http://www.box.net/shared/gj84vhquob