Re: [Harp-L] Re: Dumping on other harmonica players' videos

I am certainly not trying to extend this topic beyond reason.  Nor am I
trying to irritate anyone (though I am occasionally capable of doing that
without trying).

Brief points:
1.  I'm new, so if this was discussed exhaustively in the past I was not
around for that.
2.  While examples of inexperienced playing can be instructive there is a
big difference between pointing out inexperience and making fun of a
person.  If making fun of a person is your thing then expect some of us to
rush to their defense.  "Dumping" on a person is not something that everyone
enjoys or tolerates well.
3.  This conversation has remained pretty civil, all things considered.  I
don't know why so many people try to declare it "closed" after they have
expressed their opinion.  I am sure if the list-owner sees the conversation
get out of hand they will officially close it.  Until then I appreciate
hearing from those who have thoughts about this issue.
4.  Making fun of someone who is dead is simply crass.

Shelly      (Martin, I appreciate the tip about drinking.  Maybe it will
improve my playing too!)