Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: Dumping on other harmonica players' Videos for no good reason...

Here's another way to look at it. A 'top mechanic' should expect questioning of their questionable performance(s).
Why? Because they ARE 'top mechanics'. A 'journeyman' or 'apprentice' mechanic shouldn't be treated in the same way.
Let me explain in my own 'Mill-hunk' mentality.

A machinist destroys a tank turret casting by cutting the revolving ring raceway too deep. The casting is worth $42,601.14
The machinist gets a letter of reprimand, gets upset and goes to the union steward, who, in turn takes the complaint to the
union's leader.

The union leader tells Mushy (he liked to be called Mushy) that he doesn't have a complaint, he should take the reprimand,
buck up like a man and get back to work. OK, why?

The union leader tells Mushy:
1... it won't affect your pay, vacation, sick time, retirement, medical coverage, mechanic's status, seniority, isn't being docked,
or charged for the part and blah blah. In other words, he isn't being punished.
2... Although this is the first major piece you have destroyed in 16 years, you have been paid TOP mechanic for 32 years.
3... Top mechanic rate doesn't allow for expensive mistakes, THAT's what top mechanic means.

So what does this little parable mean? Well, it seems to me that a person who is being treated like a star should BE a star.
Anyone can have a bad day. So, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back to work. It's not the end of the world.
I don't see a lot of the comments made as actual critiques. Most of it is opinions concerning spare of the moment observations.
I think the word dumping is incongruous to the situation. It all just people talking.

smokey-joe