Re: [Harp-L] YouTube -new harmonica player plays pop tunes

That would be Roger Daltrey, I take it. And no, he has never graced the instrument to any considerable extent.
 Neither has Robert Plant, who was in another group that could have benefited quite a lot from another instrument filling out their sound.
/Martin

From: Venky Ramakrishna jazzyvenky@xxxxxxxxx

A lot better than the guy from Who (band at the Super Bowl).

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 7:46 AM, martin oldsberg <martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Gino is too polite here: his playing is crap. But there´s no death penalty against that, and maybe he´ll improve with time. (It beats me why he feels the need to make his effort public, though.)

Marc´s point is about pedagogy, not harmonica playing. Even if he turns millions of youngsters on to the harmonica (not sure if I see the value in that ...) his playing is still crap.
  There´s a distinction to be upheld there.

Cheers,
Martin

From: GINO <ginoharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
 That's a,,well ,, not a very good copy of whammer Jammer.
I wont hyper critisize but just say,,,, not good. IMO

          Gino
  "LICENSE TO SMOKE"
http://www.ginoharmonica.com

From: Marc Molino <mmolino54@xxxxxxxxxxx>

One of the comments below his video was from a father who has been playing the
harmonica for 35 years and was disappointed at how little interest/respect his
musician daughter gave the instrument... That is, until she watched and heard
this Sugarlips guy playing. Now she thinks it is cool and wants to learn to
play. Anybody who can have that kind of impact is OK in my book (yes, that is
the very same book you are all subconsciously looking to be OK in, as well).

-Marc