[Harp-L] Best harp amp for under $500

Fat Dog Amplifiers seem like an excellent harmonica amp.I've played one [only several times in a jam situation]. It sounded very much like a 'Little Walter' tone and cut through, projecting well apparently, with a full Mississippi blues house band.I really like my Fat Dog Splitter [I link-up Kalamazoo Model 2's or whatever I wish]. I've found Robert Reynalds to be a genuine and very polite man to deal with [not like another bi-polar,arrogant personality I unfortunately dealt with a few years ago who basically toats as 'the best' harp amp 'distributor/creator' ever, who I think is more 'hype than substance' in his quest for creating the ultimate honker]. *Check out Stan Street [The Hambone Gallery]in Clarksdale Ms.I know he recently purchased a FD410 ? Stan is using it professionally 'regularly' and is quite an excellent Chicago style player.He facilitates studio gigs[ http://www.stanstreet.com/home.html ]and plays the Ground Zero Club as a regular front man [as well as featuring in festivals down there and beyond]. Stan also paints a great blues focused picture *[tee shirt] for purchase at the gallery down there.I hope this is helpful. Of cause if you can pick-up a vintage Kalamazoo Model 2 or Premier 50 which I own you'll be more than happy if you have them working or refurbished.See Greg Heuman [blowsmeaway.com] or EBay. They are both great little vintage amps that I play and use for smaller gigs and recording projects. A line out will get you into the mix [blowsmeaway.com]. Also, if not into to finding the ultimate bargain amplifier, [or for travelling] you'll get heard with a Lone Wolf Harp Attack Tube simulator, Delay and Octave pedal. I personally also like my Ashton Bass Busking Wedges which are purchased here in Australia. They are not tube amps but are both very handy [rechargable battery] four inputs and sound really great especially in an acoustic setting. Miked to P.A. and if you plug a Digitech RP200 into them they will cut it in most situations with an lovely smooth sound. Only around RRP $300 AUS. Obviously there's lot's of other options,so good luck on finding 'the best' harp amp under $500? Happy Honkin'...