[Harp-L] Chromatic vs Diatonic

  Last Sunday morning I was listening online to my fav radio station (WFDU from Farleigh Dickinson University in NJ, same station that has Dennis Gruenling's fabulous blues show every Thursday afternoon, highly recommended).  On Sunday's from 11 AM to 1PM they have a show on the Beatles which i always find interesting. The Beatles were being interviewed on the BBC from 1963 iirc, and as John is pulling out a diatonic harp from his pocket, the announcer calls it a harmonica.  John promptly corrects him, saying something like, "It's a harp, not a harmonica.  The instrument I played in Love Me Do is a harmonica."
  Since I mentioned Dennis' blues show, I'll offer a tip - this station has archives and u can listen to Dennis' or any other show any time u want. I like using this feature because, unlike listening in real time, it allows you to pause for convenience and even allows you to re-wind.
  Happy 70th birthday, Ringo Starr.
ron - FL Keys