[Harp-L] Using Individual Component Power or Power Strip to Power on/off?

Bill,

I power my pedal board with a One Spot and plug that and my amp into a Furman 6 outlet Surge Block (which has a 15' AC cord). Been doing this for a while with no problems. Typically, the bass player in my band will also plug his amp into one of the unused outlets on the Surge Block, and other musicians have done the same in different performance situations with no problems whatsoever. Don't know any thing about the technology, but it seems to work fine.

If you are concerned about your amp, you can always leave the amp's power switch off and turn it on after you turn on the Surge Block (which has it's own power switch). One big advantage to using the Surge Block is some stages don't have many AC outlets. W/my Surge Block, I only need one AC outlet on stage, I plug the Surge Block into that and plug all my gear into the Surge Block. Other musicians can (and do) plug into the unused outlets of Surge Block too if necessary. Very convenient, and the 15' cord is like a built in extension cord which is handy to have. Works out great and I guess it also does surge suppression.

FWIW,

JP