[Harp-L] The West Coast Jazz Harmonica Summit 2009

I had the opportunity to view the DVD of the Jazz harp Summit "Slideman Slim" Heilpern put together in 2009 in Santa Cruz, CA.

I did a full review in the UK magazine Harmonica World for the NHL which will be out next month.
(The following month will be my interview with Pat Bergeson from Nashville.)

I just wanted to thank Slim, this is an A-1 FIRST CLASS PRO Production it showcases some of the Finest jazz players on the West Coast! Slim has informed me he will have the DVD's for SPAH so bring an xtra $20 and you won't be sorry to add this to your DVD collection -worth every penny!

22 Segments and 5 amazing Bonus Tracks all masterfull edited audio & video with great care by Slim himself.

I should also mention that this was Slim's Idea and what a terrific one it was and should be used as a model for these type of Summits around the world. This is a must have for anyone serious about Jazz Harmonica.

Bravo and Congrats to Slim on a job well done an such an asset to the Harmonica World and thanx & congrats to all the great players involved for their excellent performances!

to buy it and more info go to: (it will be available for $20 at SPAH!!!)
http://www.jazzharmonicasummit.com/
or Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/West-Coast-Jazz-Harmonica-Summit/dp/B003UL1BPY

Here are the Players & Tracks:

1) Hiball (The Jazz Trio Warming up the crowd sans harp)
2) Scrapple From the Apple - Steve Malerbi (CBH 2016)
3) When Sunny Gets Blue - Michael Peloquin (CX12)
4) Jimmy McHugh Medley - Pete Blasberg (Chromatic)
5) New Frontier - Damien Masterson (Chromatic)
6) Procrastination - Slide Man Slim Gtr & (CX12) and Penny Hanna - Bass
7) Old Folks- Michael Polesky (Renny w/ Tenor Plates)
8) My Little Suede Shoes- Jon Eriken (Chromatic0
9) Spanish Changes - Winslow Yerxa & Tuula Tossavainen on Violin
10) Surrey with the Fringe on Top - The San Francisco Harmonica Ensemble
(Michael Peloquin, Damien Masterson, Winslow Yerxa and Steve Malerbi)
11) Body & Soul, How High The Moon - Pete Blasberg
12) Lammen Laine -Winslow Yerxa & Tuula Tossavainen on Violin
13) Recorda-Me - Michael Polesky
14) In a Sentimental Mood- The San Francisco Harmonica Ensemble
15) You are the Sunshine of my Life - Slide Man Slim- Gtr & (CX12) and Penny Hanna - Bass
16) Sandu - Michael Peloquin ( Harrison Diatonic in Cross harp)
17) Dindi - Jon Eriksen (Chromatic
18) Chega de Saudaude (No More Blues) -Steve Malerbi (CBH 2016)
19) Gershwin Medley - Pete Blasberg
20) Astoria - Damien Masterson
21) I Wish - The San Francisco Harmonica Ensemble
22) Finale: C Jam Blues - The WCJHS Mob !

and 5 amazing bonus tracks including the SANFORD & SON THEME by the The San Francisco Harmonica Ensemble !!!

best,
Rob Paparozzi