Re: [Harp-L] Blue Bayou

Very interesting!

Jimi Lee mentioned this several years ago at a Buckeye Harmonica Festival, noting that a major scale is located on a natural minor harp.  I did look at my chart of natural minor harp key layouts, but I never really tried this.  I've had it in the back of my head ever since Jimi mentioned it.

So on a Lee Oskar D natural minor (where 1B and 4B is "G" as Gino mentions) the F major scale is 3D 4B 4D 5B 5D 6B 6D 7D  (F G A Bb C D E F).

Roy Orbison's "Blue Bayou" in F major is a good song to try this... and it is fun !

Thanks Gino !

Ken H in OH