[Harp-L] Harmonica design

Greetings and salutations fellow harp enthusiasts. I was wondering if there
is anyone on the list that could shed any light on the subject of harmonica
design. To be more specific , my question is are present day harmonicas
designed using age old methods or is anyone now using computer assisted
design techniques or are new harmonicas designed by just improving upon old
patents and  design ideas. If this is a subject that has already been
discussed ad infinitum, my apologies.
--
F. Mangiapane