All these notes and positions tend to confuse me--I usually just play by ear and feel--so somebody please correct me if I've gotten any of this wrong.

As for the solo, I'm 'fraid there ain't much I can put into words. I'd just try to figure out how to play as low on the machine as possible, though that's a matter of taste, of course. Let us hear how you do!

Crutch

On 7/2/2010 2:05 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:14:56 -0400
From: Barry Cohen<shadowboxblues@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Blue Bayou
To:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi List,

Has anyone played harp to this wonderful Roy Orbison song (covered so
beautifully by Linda Ronstadt)?

If so, any hints for playing it on diatonic?  Can it be done in 1st, 2nd, or
3rd position ('cause that's all I know!)?

I've been asked to play the soft melody 'under' the vocals - need to also
figure out a solo.

Thanks& happy red white& bluz holiday to all!

Barry C.
Boston