[Harp-L] Embossing and Overblows

So... can you overblow and overdraw without embossing or not?

I can get some overblows on some chambers of some of my harps, and (very rarely) an overdraw. Not consistently or readily, though. I have watched Rupert Oysler's DVD, and I own Richard Sleigh's tool kit and book. I think I get it about *how* to gap and arc and emboss (not that I'm very good at it -- I'm a klutz), but I'm not sure *when* to do which, or how to tell.

Is this just one of those, "You'll understand when you're older," sort of things, or are there symptoms and signs that indicate which to do?

Thanks in advance.

Elizabeth