[Harp-L] In the "old days" how long could you play an iniitally dry harp, before comb swelling occurred?

My recollection is that it didn't take too long; perhaps an hour with
an unsealed Blues Harp or Marine Band? I do recall that it happened
quicker than I would have liked and seem to remember that older harps
tended to swell more quickly.

Anyone else remember?

I do have a virtually new MB key of B, unsealed from '82. Think I'll
test it with this in mind.

I'm still curious with regards to what performers / buskers of the
past did to combat or deal with comb swelling? Can anyone confirm comb
tine trimming of a swollen comb or witness or hear of specific
examples this or other treatment approaches?

Thanks in advance,

JH