[Harp-L] Paul Oscher

I was looking at a '71 Muddy Waters video from the Ash Grove in Los Angeles, CA. on Wolfgang's Vault http://www.wolfgangsvault.com Paul Oscher is playing harp.  He's really quite a huge talent.   Last time I saw him was at Tarrytown (NY) Music Hall years ago playing a Muddy Waters tribute type of show.  It was awesome, PO was a revelation (to me at the time.)  He came out, blew harp like he does, then, as if to outdo himself, he racked his harp with a bullet mic taped onto the rack, blew amplified harp while playing slide guitar as sweet as Muddy himself.  Ok... so, here comes the point of this post... I just checked out the PO web site, and if anyone is around Oakland, CA this weekend, I see PO is at Yoshi's Jazz Club with James Cotton, Mojo Buford, Willie Big Eyes Smith, Johnny Dyer and Mark Hummel (1/29-31) and Moes Alley in San Jose, CA with the same band of brothers tonight.

http://www.pauloscher.com/tour.php

Jim.
www.mcmule.com