[Harp-L] (no subject)

Message: 11
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:45:54 -0800
From: JohnnieHarp <johnnieharp@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] re: Hohner myths and realities
To: harp-l <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>

>Probably glad not to have to deal with harmonica players wasting
>their time on one of the cheapest items in the store before they find
>"the good ones" all the while complaining about the price of what
>is.

Hi JR

I'll ask around and see what is said here ...

It may be that a sales person will now have to remove the packaging,
then bellows the harp as part of the transaction process until all
harps are un-bubbled and back in their customary display case
positions ...

If all the manufacturers begin to bubble pack then, customers may
accept an untested, bubbled harmonicas ...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

while i have not visited all the music stores in the u.s. ....it is my belief that the vast majority (stores) don't have a bellows any longer.

i owned a couple of  music stores (about 10 years) in the 70's and early 80's and i was the only one in the area that had a bellows.  it didn't seem that many were worried about reed gaps, leaky harps, or being out of tune they were just happy to get the key they needed. i've still got a blues harp and 64 chrom from about 1975 and with all the problems we had back then...they still both play pretty well.

you know the last norelco electric shaver i bought ... came in a blister pak....it cost me $75.00..and the blades are already dull.

as far as wishing some other company would take over the market from hohner......you know what they say ... be careful what you wish for.

by the way i have hohner....suzuki....seydel....and....lee oskar .....several of each

thanks
clyde

Banking
Click here to find the perfect banking opportunity!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=fAuJFMSTYL9ycWuW9bIXzQAAJz28N0Dd3_WAEfHr7Bs9Pv4gAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXeAAAAAA=