From: Jonathan Ross <jross38@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, Jan 26, 2010 5:41 am
Subject: [Harp-L] Hohner myths and realities

Paul Routledge writes:

"I know that Andy Garrigue has stated that Hohner return rate for harmonicas is less than 1/2 of 1%. But the reality is, that is only because most of us fix them ourselves if there is a problem."

Nope.  I would guess less than 1% of harmonica players and buyers work on their harps at all.  Harp-l is not a representative body, especially not if you just look at the few people who actually post compared to the thousand-odd who lurk.  Looking at harp-l makes you think everyone is taking their harps apart and tweaking them to their hearts delight.  That simply isn't the case at all-- a few people do this and write about it.  Most don't bother.