[Harp-L] Where is the response form Hohner?

   One couldn't help but notice this latest flurry on the list about folks' reactions to a real or perceived price hike from Hohner. It's been a MAJOR blitz on this list, which is the highest profile harmonica listserve there is. I've just been a voyeur to the conversation so far, preferring to see how it played out. I actually have been waiting with bated breath to see what Hohner was going to say to defend itself. But alas, there has only been silence from the Hohner camp! I KNOW Hohner reps frequent this list. Where are they now? Why haven't they chimed in to the conversation? If you are out there, dearest Hohner folks, please do let us all know. I want to hear the dirt straight from the horses mouth.

   BTW, I noticed recently that price of Huang diatonics has jumped from $9.99US to $18.50US. That's almost a 100% increase! If Huangs are going up, then perhaps it's representative of an increase to all Chinese made harps. Perhaps then, an increase in manufacturing/importation costs of Hohner's Chinese made harps is being spread out into the cost basis of it's German made ones as a way to spread the new financial burden? Just a thought....

Sincerely looking forward to the response from Hohner,

Isaac Ullah

Tempe. Arizona