RE: [Harp-L] Little walter didn't write Juke!

> If you listen to the two studio recordings of Juke that little Walter made, it's evident that both were improvised, aside from the first verse head.

---I've got the CD with both on it, and I'd like to suggest another possibility: the one that was the hit was largely worked out on the bandstand, while the alternate take was largely improvised on the spot. We do know that Jacobs was playing this tune with Muddy's band as an opener before Muddy came on and/or as a set-closer, right?

WVa Bob

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390706/direct/01/