To: "Harp L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 16:55
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] harmonica terminology

Nothing wrong, except that I'm trying to describe in a document various existing and proposed mouthpieces, and there are holes every where! For example there are holes in the slides, holes in the stationary parts of the slide assembly, holes in the back of the mouthpiece (when it is off and being described apart) and holes in the front of the comb assembly when the mouthpiece is off, as well as the holes on the front.

I'm probably going to have to introduce some terminology just to make sense of it, so I'd thought I'd use whatever is already in use, or if I have to invent, do it with the benefit of expert opinions.

(Maybe I could just use French for one type of hole, Spanish for another, or Latin maybe?)

Doug H

----- Original Message ----- From: hazcon