To: "Harp L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 16:17
Subject: [Harp-L] harmonica terminology

I am wondering if there is a more refined term in use than 'hole' to describe where we huff and puff on a harmonica, especially in reference to the chromatic or other harmonicas with a mouthpiece.

Or if there is no good term in use, do you have any suggestions?

Port, vent, aperture, opening, channel ???

Since I'd be very surprised if there are no suggestions . . . thanks in advance!

Doug H