[Harp-L] Subject: Re: tip to remove rust

Just read this tip to get rid of rust on tin pie pans at:

_http://handyhints.gophercentral.com_ (http://handyhints.gophercentral.com)

 Haven't tried it yet (I use my MAAS polish for this) - but wondered  if it
might also work for rust on cover plates, or other metal parts of a
harmonica? Might be worth an experiment with a junker...

"Tin pie pans often get rusty with regular use. To restore
shine,  sprinkle a little salt or baking soda on a cut
potato and rub it over the  spot. The oxalic acid in the
potato helps dissolve the rust.

Bonus: This trick also
works on knives and cookware."

Elizabeth